Logistics for Manufacturing SMEs - L4MS
42 months (1st of October 2017 - 31st of March 2021)
H2020-FOF-2017, Total budget: € 8,709,130, MP: € 39,875
- TEKNOLOGIAN TUTKIMUSKESKUS VTT OY (VTT) COORDINATOR
- ASOCIATIA PRODUCATORILOR DE MOBILA DIN ROMANIA (APMR)
- AUTOMATISMOS Y SISTEMAS DE TRANSPORTE INTERNO SA (ASTI)
- CHEMI-PHARM AS (CHEMI)
- TECHNOLOGIKO PANEPISTIMIO KYPROU (CUT)
- EUROPEAN DYNAMICS ADVANCED SYSTEMSOF TELECOMMUNICATIONS INFORMATICS AND TELEMATICS SA (ED)
- ENGINEERING - INGEGNERIA INFORMATICA SPA (ENG)
- NET LTD (ENGINO)
- FUNDINGBOX ACCELERATOR SP ZOO (FBOX)
- HERMIA YRITYSKEHITYS OY (HBD)
- OU IMECC (IMECC)
- FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V. (IML)
- KINE ROBOT SOLUTIONS OY (KINE)
- LIETUVOS ROBOTIKOS ASOCIACIJA (LRA)
- MURAPLAST d.o.o. (MP)
- FUNDACIO BARCELONA MOBILE WORLD CAPITAL FOUNDATION (FMWC)
- UDVIKLING FYN PS (OR)
- PANNON GAZDASAGI HALOZAT EGYESULET (PBN)
- POLITECNICO DI MILANO (POLIMI)
- VISUAL COMPONENTS OY (VIS)
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 767642 (project L4MS).
This paper reflects only the authors’ view and the Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
The ambition of L4MS (Logistics for Manufacturing SMEs) is to reduce the installation cost and time of mobile robots by a factor of 10. It will enable inexpensive deployment of small and flexible logistics solutions requiring no infrastructure change, no production downtime and no in-house expertise. The investment in logistics automation will become extremely attractive for European manufacturing SMEs and Mid-Caps. The use of mobile robots will not only automate the logistics (50% of the production cost) but will also provide unprecedented flexibility on the factory floor for batch production.
The L4MS will deliver an open industrial IoT platform called OPIL (Open Platform for Innovations in Logistics) together with a 3D simulator to completely virtualize the intra-factory logistics automation and drastically accelerate the innovation process in this area.
In addition, the project will deliver the L4MS marketplace as a one-stop-shop, where European Manufacturing SMEs & Mid-Caps can access the suite of “Smartization services” including technical support, business mentoring, skills and finance. The L4MS technologies and services will conceive 3 Pilots and 20 cross-border Application Experiment to demonstrate highly autonomous, configurable and hybrid (human-robot) logistics solutions driven by the business needs of the manufacturing SMEs and Mid-Caps. This portfolio of 23 cross-border Application Experiments by 50 SMEs selected through 2 competitive Open Calls, will demonstrate the leveraging of European Structural Funds and private investment in established and emerging Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) across Europe. The network of DIH and L4MS marketplace will continue to support manufacturing SMEs & Mid-Caps achieve digital excellence and global competitiveness through logistics automation for regions to become entrepreneurial states.